When we arrived, we were very impressed with the property and the setting. We stayed a week and we started a mental list of things that they could do to make it a truely premium experience to match the premium price:
1. They need a shuttle bus. There was no pickup person waiting at the airport so we had to find our own way. Airport pickup would be a nice first impression. Also, the property is about a 15 minute drive outside of Zihuantanejo so a regular/ hourly shuttle would be great. Instead, guests must take a taxi each way and the costs are substantial.
2. They need a generator. Not their fault, but we had a hurricane come by the property and the power got knocked out. 48 hours later it was still out. No power, no AC, no charge for devices. A generator would be a good amenity.
3. Our unit - a penthouse - didn't have hot water. Even if it is hot outside, nothing beats a nice hot shower. Install water heaters please.
4. There is no laundry in the units and no laundry on site. There isn't even a laundry service on site. They told us we had to go into town to clean our clothes. Disappointing.
5. They don't have any sort of on-site store. It would be nice to be able to buy a diet coke, candy bar, toothpaste, etc... Instead you have to go into town. See item 1 above.
6. Small item - the bar doesn't have bar stools (at least not when we were there) and the pool was closed. I enjoy socializing on vacation and it seemed like that wasn't really possible.
For us it was just meh.